Hi y’all! I saw this tag on Bujo Books, and I thought it’d be fun to share a little about myself and my bookish habits. The Rapid Fire Book Tag was originally created by the booktuber GirlReading .
1. E-Book or Physical Book? If I had a choice, I’d always rather have a physical book than an e-book. There’s something special about holding a physical copy of a book, turning the pages of paper while reading, admiring a beautiful cover in person, and having a bookshelf overflowing with books. Although I do prefer e-books while I’m traveling because books can get heavy!
2. Paper back or Hard back? I’m a hard back kind of girl. Always have been, and always will be.
3. Online or In-Store book shopping? I love walking into a bookstore and browsing for books, but I have to begrudgingly admit that I buy most of my books online for convenience sake.
4. Trilogies or Series? This is a hard one! Three is such a good number of books, not too many and not too little. But sometimes I just want MORE. I don’t want to leave the world and characters, so I’ll have to go with series because who doesn’t want more books?
5. A book you want everyone to read? The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It’s magical and beautiful and simply splendid. PLEASE GO READ IT IF YOU HAVEN’T! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!
6. Heroes or villains? Heroes! I’m always rooting for the hero, but you’ve gotta love a good villain.
7. Recommend and underrated author. Kristin Cashore. Love her book Graceling and I feel like it’s totally underrated. Fans of fantasy definitely need to check out her books!
8. Last book you finished? The last book I finished, while writing this post, was Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller (review to come). It was such a fun read with an awesome MC and a ton of sass. I’m currently reading When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon, which I am loving!!
9. Weirdest thing you’ve used as a bookmark? Gosh, I know I’ve use a bunch of weird things as bookmarks, but off the top of my head I can only think of wrappers & receipts. Is that weird?
10. Used books: Yes or No? YES! Half Priced Books is my go-to bookstore.
11. Top tree favorite genres? Fantasy, Dystopian, Contemporary!
12. Borrow or buy? Buy! Owning your own copy of a book is just something special. It’s yours and yours alone, and you can do whatever you want with it, like lend it out to friends or reread it!
13. Character or plot? Character! Your plot could be amazing, but if I can’t connect to your characters then your book and I most likely won’t get along.
14. Long or short books? Lately short books because I have almost zero time to read with college.
15. Name the first three books you can think of… Divergent by Veronica Roth, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han, The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
16. Book that makes you cry or laugh? Lord of Shadows was the last book that made me cry. THAT ENDING!! Although I do tend to cry a lot in movies & books. The last book that made me laugh was When Dimple Met Rishi. The initial meeting had me legit dying!
17. Our world of fictional world? FICTIONAL>>>
18. Audiobooks, yes or no? Ummm… I’m not sure, since I’ve never tried listening to an audio book. The idea kind of freaks me out for some weird reason. Any good recommendations?
19. Do you every judge a book by it’s cover? UGH… *hides* YES, all the freaking time. Whoops!
20. Book to movie or book to tv series adaptation? Movie, I guess. I haven’t watched a TV series of a book I’ve read, but I have watched The Vampire Diaries & 13 Reasons Why. I’ve seen more book to movie adaptations, and I’ve enjoyed most of them. Also it gives me a good excuse to make my friends read books!
21. A movie or tv show you preferred to it’s book? Um… I feel like this isn’t a thing that really happens. The book is always better! But I guess I’d have to say The Vampire Diaries, since I loved that show and had no interest in reading the books.
22. Series or Standalones? SERIES!!! GIMME MORE GIMME MORE!! I never want it to end!!
COMMENT DOWN BELOW!
I tag all of you!
Agree or disagree with me?
THANKS FOR READING VIVALABOOKS!