INSTAGRAM ROUND UP
follow me at @vivalabooks
events in july
- BROWN LAX CAMP… I attended a lacrosse camp at Brown in the beginning of July, and it made me so excited for the next four years! I love all the girls in my commit class, and the girls I met at camp were so sweet and fun.
- 7/11… Free slurpees 🙂
- FRIENDS… I’ve been trying to squeeze in as much time as possible with my friends before we all leave for college. I still have a month till I leave, but most of my friends have only a couple weeks before they’re gone. We’ve had pool parties, homemade fam dinners, and lots of movie nights. It’s been fun hanging out with all of them, and I’m going to miss them so much!
- NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY… Pretty self explanatory. Who doesn’t love ice cream?!?!
- BALTIMORE LAX TRIP… I had a lacrosse tournament in Baltimore, which was fun but burning hot. Another plus side was the awesome food—crabs & baltimore bomb pie!
- BIRTHDAY MONTH… July was my birthday month! I can’t believe I’m 19 now. I don’t feel like I’m any closer to being an adult, and I have no idea how I’m going to survive college. It’s weird that I’m officially in my last year as a teenager.
july reading list
July wasn’t my best reading month… But I did do a lot of rereading. It was nice to revisit some of my old favorite books, and due to my bad memory it was almost like reading the book again for the first time. I’m a little disappointed in how little I read in July, but I’m going to work on making more time for reading in August!
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas: This book was AMAZING! I can’t even begin to comprehend all my emotions and thoughts about ACOMAF. It showed us new parts of Prythian, it introduced us to new characters and relationships, and I loved it 100x more than ACOTAR, which I didn’t think was possible. Seriously you need to pick up this series if you haven’t already!
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson: I adored this book so much! It was the perfect summer read, and I fell head over heels for all the characters. Check out my review to read the rest of my thoughts!
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa: I remember loving The Iron Fey series when I first read it, but I was a little disappointed when I revisited the first book. I wasn’t as immersed in the world as the first time, and I found the pacing to be way too fast. Although I still enjoyed The Iron King, it wasn’t as great as I remembered it to be.
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West: I wanted to review this book for my blog, so I decided to pick it up again as a refresher. I don’t have the best memory, so it was almost like reading it again for the first time. Kasie West writes such nice contemporaries, and I had a smile plastered on my face throughout the entire book.
My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor: This is my summer reading book for Brown. Although it’s not the type of book I’d normally pick up, I found myself pleasantly surprised by My Beloved World. I still have about 100 pages to go, but I’ve enjoyed the book so far.
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West: I’ve had some trouble getting into this one. I’m not the biggest fan of Gia at the moment, but I can already tell I’m going to like the “fake date.” I’m going to push through though because I’ve heard great things about it!
It’s definitely a tie between these two! ACOMAF was EVERYTHING, but I also had so much fun reading The Unexpected Everything.
FAVORITE BOOK CHARACTER
Rhysand, hands down! He’s one of my top favorite male characters EVER! He’s up there with Will Herondale, which says A LOT. I’d say more, but I don’t want to spoil anything… GO READ THE BOOKS SO YOU’LL UNDERSTAND!!!
ON THE BLOG
7/3 — StS (20)
7/14 — Zero Day | BOOK REVIEW
7/17 — StS (21)
7/19 — Summer Book Recommendations | Most Popular of July Posts
MOST POPULAR POST: All Fall Down by Ally Carter | BOOK TALK… Not sure why, but I’m glad y’all enjoy me fangirling about an Ally Carter book! 🙂
FAVorite tv show
I finally caught up with The Flash over the summer, and I cannot wait for it to start again. I forgot how much I adore Barry Allen. Also I decided to give Supergirl a shot. It took a while to get into, but I ended up enjoying it. I’m excited to see Tyler Hoechlin (Derek Hale from Teen Wolf) as Superman!
I’ve loved Twenty One Pilots since I stumbled onto them two years ago. (Car radio was the best!) They’ve grown so much, and I was ecstatic when I heard they were on the Suicide Squad soundtrack. It’s SO GOOD! (Who else is excited for Suicide Squad?!?!)
- ACOMAF… So much happened in this book! I’m officially obsessed 🙂 And Rhysand ❤
- Pokemon Go… I tried so hard not to download this app because I knew I’d waste way too much time on it. And boy was I right! It’s way too addicting, and strangely exciting. My friends hate that I play it, but I’ve been having a lot of fun with my younger brother. Go Team Valor!
- Bai… It’s an antioxidant infusion drink. My dad randomly bought it, and now I’ve become obsessed, especially with the coconut variety pack. It’s so nice and refreshing!