September is here, which means it’s time for my August 2014 Wrap Up post.
August in a Picture
August was dedicated to finishing my summer reading.
Events in August
1. Finished all my lacrosse tournaments and camps. This was the first time during the summer I got a chance to relax and have some downtime. Plus, I got to see a lot of my friends who I barely saw all summer!
2. PSAT & ACT prep. Not exciting at all, but it was a big part of August.
3. Summer Reading. I managed to finish all 4 summer reading books in time!
4. I saw the If I Stay movie! It was AMAZING! I was blown away by the acting and how well the movie portrayed the book. And, I tried my best to hold it together, but tears definitely escaped. Check out my full review!
5. I went to the 1 Direction concert! It was a perfect ending to my summer. 🙂 I like a lot of their songs and it was great to finally see them perform live!
6. School started! I definitely have mixed feelings about school starting, but I’m excited to see what the year holds.
I read 5 books in August… Yes, it was only 5. My summer was very busy with ACT & PSAT prep and lacrosse. It took a lot of time!
1. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare – OHMYGOSH! I cannot believe TMI is over!!! Review to come.
2. The Chocolate War by Robert Crormier – Probably my favorite book out of my summer reading. The story was interesting and it left me with a lot of new thoughts in my mind.
3. A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines – I surprisingly enjoyed this read a lot more than I expected.
4. The Color Purple by Alice Walker – The only thing I knew about The Color Purple was that my friend saw the play and loved it. Going off of that, I was surprised by the the hardships experienced throughout the book, but it was a good read.
5. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck – This is definitely is my least favorite book out of my summer reading. Did not enjoy it at all.
Favorite Book I Read
City of Heavenly Fire without a doubt in my mind. I can’t believe it took me this long to finally finished it, but I really didn’t want TMI to end!
Favorite Book Character
ALEC from City of Heavenly Fire. I have never seen Alec so sassy and I loved it! Alec was never one of my favorite characters in TMI, but he definitely climbed his way to the top of list in COHF. His lines were brilliant and very lol-worthy!
The Perpetual Page-Turner (Jamie). I’ve sure a lot of you have read Jamie’s blog; it’s amazing! But, I wanted to spotlight The Perpetual Page-Turner because Jamie is always creating posts with real content. I read so many posts from her blog this month that really caused me to stop and think, like I Got The Message Loud and Clear: Reading Isn’t Cool. Plus, I always feel like I’m going to have a good time when I visit her blog!
Favorite TV Show
Arrow – This show is my new obsession! I binge-watched the 1st season and I’m loving it so far. I had to take a break due to school, but definitely going to catch up soon!
If I Stay – I’ve already mentioned the movie earlier in this post, but how could it not be my favorite movie of August?
The Conjuring – I saw this a couple months ago, but I fell asleep for part of it. The 2nd time I watched it with some of my friends and I’ve never screamed so much in a movie! I knew what was going to happen, but I was still freaked out! It’s a definite favorite scary movie of mine.
Cool Kids by Echosmith – To be honest, I’m loving anything by Echosmith. The leader singer, Sydney Sierota, has such a beautiful, unique voice that I could listen to for hours (and I do).
1. Applesauce – I forgot how good it is! 🙂
2. BOOKTUBE – I love Youtube and I love books. Mix it all together, and you get Booktube! I loving watching videos from booktubers and I really hope I get the chance to join in!
1. I started blogging again! I’ve been blogging very sporadically due to school and lacrosse, but I’m really going to try to stick with it this year!